Sunday, December 16, 2012

Why?

Why live in a world like this? What's the point? When it seems the bad far outweighs the good, why try? Doesn't that make a moron? It's pointless.
I see good people suffer what the bad deserve. I see the bad triumph over the good at every turn. A good girl hates herself because of the lies the bad has told her. She can't see her own light because its darkness casts a shadow upon her. The pain she feels she does not deserve. The air it breathes it does not deserve. Why should she feel pain while it dances in her tears? It should drown. It should decay. But it lives. It thrives. It's taking her life.
What's the point anymore when all efforts are futile? When no matter how hard you try or how loudly you scream, no one cares and no one hears?
I'm losing my voice. Not like anyone's listening anyway. Has anyone ever listened? Doesn't matter. I still screamed. And I'll be screaming. Until my cries scar my throat and it bleeds and I drown from the blood filling my lungs. I'll scream after the shriek fades and the gurgling of struggled breath replaces it.
I'll scream. Why? For me. Because the world can have its darkness. The others can give in and have their darkness. I won't have it. Even if the only light in me is dimmer than a dying firefly. That's why.
Call it pointless. I'm a moron. But I'd rather die trying than let it break me. It won't take me. Not as long as I'm screaming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment