Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Mask

A mask better than any you've seen.
A mask to hide the real me.
To cover my scars and my pain
So I can fake a smile again.

A mask to hide my past.
A mask that will forever last.
What is it that you see?
Because it isn't me.

My memory is faded;
My personality, jaded.
I don't remember who I was.
I don't remember me because

Too much has happened that I can't control.
And now I'm someone I hardly know.
Bottle it up, my daily task.
That is how I don my mask.

When the pain returns and sears
Like the piercing points of well-made spears.
Hide it away so no one will ask.
That is how I don my mask.

A mask of lies and of denial.
A mask strengthened by each trial.
I've worn it so long. Can it be?
I have forgotten what looks like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment